TAX PLANNING AND PREPARATION
OUR HOLISTIC TAX PLANNING PROCESS
Integrate your Tax Planning with Your Investments
Tax planning is complex. Our team can help you simplify your taxes and make your financial plan and investment portfolio work together as we address all your tax concerns and needs.
HELPING WITH TAX PREPARATION
We Offer a Wide Range of Tax Preparation Services
EP Wealth Advisors can assist with the preparation and filing of many types of tax returns in all 50 states for individuals and their associated non-public business entities. We can also recommend external resources for more complex business return needs.
- Tax Loss Harvesting Strategy: If you have taxable investment accounts, strategically selling underperforming assets is one way to reduce a large capital gains bill at tax time.
- Tax Bracket Management: Offsetting certain income by making retirement plan contributions or pushing off asset sales until next year can prevent you from owing a higher tax percentage.
- Charitable Planning: In some cases, it makes sense to forego the standard deduction so you can write off expenses like mortgage interest, state and local tax, medical expenses, and charitable donations.
- Business Tax Planning: Business decisions such as structuring, taking advantage of deductions, and matching employee 401(k) contributions can affect your tax burden.
TAX PREPARATION, STEP BY STEP
We Make the Process Simple & Efficient
To take advantage of our tax preparation services, you’ll begin by signing a Tax Preparation Agreement. Next comes a discovery process that provides a clear picture of your tax situation, including a year-end tax projection to ensure any and all planning is done prior to year end. We will also review your previous two years of tax returns and ensuring we have obtained all the documents and information needed to strategically prepare your return.
Following this, our implementation process involves creating a draft return, discussing with you any remaining questions needed for its completion, and then providing the draft for your review. Upon your approval, we send you a PDF of the return and save a copy in your tax file, obtain your approval for eFiling and eFile the return with tax agencies. Finally, we notify you of eFiling acceptance.
TAX PREPARATION COSTS
Talk to Your EP Wealth Advisor About
the Comprehensive Services We Provide
EP Wealth Advisors offers tax preparation services exclusively to clients who are receiving fee-based wealth management and have met our $500,000 investment minimum. These services are not available to hourly-only clients. Costs will vary with the complexity of your tax situation and assets under management. Your EP Wealth advisor can provide details.
BIG-PICTURE TAX STRATEGIES
As Your Life Changes, So Does Your Financial Strategy
As life-changing events like marriage, divorce, buying and selling real estate, or caregiving needs unfold, our financial advisors are here to help you adapt quickly and adjust your tax strategy. We’re eager to earn your trust for the long-term, whether you need to review your financial portfolio, ramp up your financial education, or gain the confidence to know you’re on course with achieving your big-picture goals.
WHY CONSULT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR
FOR TAX PLANNING?
Discover the Many Benefits of Working With a Financial Advisor on Tax Preparation:
- A financial planner can holistically assess your financial health and your tax situation.
- Beyond tax filing, we advise on debt payoff, budgeting, retirement, and wealth accumulation.
- We offer investment management with tax-loss harvesting and a tax-efficient withdrawal strategy.
- Our team assesses ways to potentially lower your tax liability for your business and personal finances.
- We advise on estate planning to help you understand how best to structure your estate to meet your legacy goals and ensure your wishes are carried out.
- You'll learn more about how capital gains, losses, expenses, and inflation can impact your plan.
FIND A FINANCIAL ADVISOR NEAR YOU
Our breadth of coverage across the U.S. means we’re local—here to serve your needs at your convenience.