1. Recognition of a Customer’s Expectation of Privacy: At EP Wealth Advisors, LLC we believe the confidentiality and protection of customer information is a fundamental responsibility. While information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is customer trust and confidence. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a priority for EP Wealth Advisors, LLC.
2. Use, Collection, and Retention of Customer Information: EP Wealth Advisors, LLC limits the use, collection, and retention of customer information which is necessary or useful to effectively conduct business and provide quality service to our clients. Information collected may include, but is not limited to: name, address, telephone number, tax identification number, date of birth, employment status, annual income and net worth.
3. Maintenance of Accurate Information: EP Wealth Advisors LLC, recognizes that it must maintain accurate customer records. Therefore, EP Wealth Advisors LLC has established procedures to maintain the accuracy of customer information and to keep such information current and complete. These procedures include responding to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
5. Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures: EP Wealth Advisors, LLC recognizes that a fundamental element of maintaining effective customer privacy procedures is to provide reasonable protection against the unauthorized access to customer information. Therefore, EP Wealth Advisors, LLC has established appropriate security standards and procedures to guard against any unauthorized access to customer information.
6. Restrictions on the Disclosure of Customer Information: When it comes to sharing customer information with unaffiliated companies, EP Wealth Advisors, LLC places strict limits on who receives specific information about customer accounts and other personally identifiable data. EP Wealth Advisors, LLC may share information with unaffiliated companies that assist in providing investments and services to our customers; in the normal course of our business (for example, with consumer reporting agencies and government agencies); when legally required or permitted in connection with fraud investigations and litigation; in connection with acquisitions and sales; and at the request or with the permission of a customer.
7. Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties: If we provide personally identifiable customer information to a third party with which we have a business relationship, we will insist that the third party keep such information confidential, consistent with the conduct of our business relationship.
8. Provision of Opt Out: EP Wealth Advisors currently operates under a “do not share” policy and therefore does not need to provide the right for its clients to opt out of sharing with nonaffiliated third parties. If our information sharing practices change in the future, we will implement opt-out policies and procedures and make appropriate disclosures to our clients.