1. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”): The CCPA is a piece of legislation that provides California residents rights over the information collected and retained by business like ours. At EP Wealth Advisors, LLC we believe the standards established by the CCPA should apply to all our customers, irrespective of where they reside. As outlined below, our clients have the right to know: the type information we collect, right to delete the information we collect – subject to an exception, and right to opt out of Sale of that information.
2. Recognition of a Customer’s Expectation of Privacy: At EP Wealth Advisors, LLC we believe the confidentiality and protection of customer information is a fundamental responsibility. While information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is customer trust and confidence. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a priority.
3. Collection and Retention of Customer Information: EP Wealth Advisors, LLC limits the use, collection, and retention of customer information which is necessary or useful to effectively conduct business and provide quality service to our clients. Information collected may include but is not limited to: a client(s) name, address, telephone number, tax identification number or social security number, date of birth, employment status, annual income, net worth, financial statements and previous tax filings, estate documents, insurance information, and more.
4. Maintenance of Accurate Information: EP Wealth Advisors, LLC recognizes that it must maintain accurate customer records. Therefore, EP Wealth Advisors has established procedures to maintain the accuracy of customer information and to keep such information current and complete. These procedures include responding to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
6. Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures: EP Wealth Advisors, LLC recognizes that a fundamental element of maintaining effective customer privacy procedures is to provide reasonable protection against the unauthorized access to customer information. Therefore, EP Wealth Advisors, Inc. has established appropriate security standards and procedures to guard against any unauthorized access to customer information.
7. Restrictions on the Disclosure or Sell of Customer Information: When it comes to sharing or selling customer information with unaffiliated companies, EP Wealth Advisors places strict limits on who receives specific information about customer accounts and other personally identifiable data. EP Wealth Advisors may share information with unaffiliated companies that in the normal course of our business assist in providing investments and critical services to our customers only. Additionally, only in situations when legally required or permitted in connection with fraud investigations or litigation; in connection with acquisitions and sales; and at the request or with the permission of a customer only.
8. Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties: If we provide personally identifiable customer information to a third party with which we have a business relationship, we will insist that the third party keep such information confidential, consistent with the conduct of our business relationship and subject to a Non-Disclosure Agreement and/or Confidentiality Clauses.
9. Provision of Opt Out: EP Wealth Advisors currently operates under a “do not share” and “do not sell” policy. Therefore, given our strict policy, we do not need to provide the right for its clients to opt out of sharing or selling with nonaffiliated third parties.
FIND A FINANCIAL ADVISOR NEAR YOU
Our breadth of coverage across the U.S. means we’re local—here to serve your needs at your convenience.