Small Business Financial Planning
Real Estate Analysis
Cash Flow Management
SMALL BUSINESS FINANCIAL PLANNING
IN 6 EASY STEPS
Explore Opportunities and Stay Adaptable
Our team will meet with you to fully understand your business and identify areas of financial opportunity so you can remain agile amid uncertainty and change.
We work with your outside tax and legal advisors to evaluate the effectiveness and benefits of your corporate structure.
We review your financial statements and coordinate with your accountant to determine opportunities your financial plan.
We review your personal and professional insurance policies to determine if you are adequately protected.
We will help identify different types of retirement plans that make sense for you and your business.
We help you evaluate the range of options, including providing informal business valuations, whether transitioning the business to senior management, keeping it in the family, or realizing a liquidity event.
Which Financial Planner Is Right for You?
How to Choose a Financial Advisor for Small Business Owners
Our guide is designed to help small business owners choose a financial advisor. You'll read about how a financial advisor can help you and your business integrate finances, tax planning, invest, and set up a retirement plan for the business.
10 Common Mistakes Small Business Owners Make
Here Are Some Typical Pitfalls to Avoid:
- Paying themselves more than they need
- Using their business account for personal expenses
- Not taking advantage of low interest rates and depreciation, when available
- Not having the correct corporate structure
- Not having a succession and tax plan - read more on succession planning here!
- Using liquid funds to make illiquid purchases
- Not having the appropriate retirement plan or any retirement plan.
- Not having adequate bookkeeping support
- Not delegating or hiring a financial professional
- Not having appropriate insurance plan
FIND A FINANCIAL ADVISOR NEAR YOU
Our breadth of coverage across the U.S. means we’re local—here to serve your needs at your convenience.