THE GROWTH AND CONTINUITY BENEFITS OF SELLING YOUR FINANCIAL PLANNING PRACTICE
For financial advisors as well as their clients, selling a financial planning practice can bring benefits that can include enhanced services and expertise, vital technology, as well as a solid plan for continuity of your client relationships.
- Access to a greater range of services adds value beyond traditional investment management, helping counter fee compression.
- Advanced technology keeps you competitive in an era where mobile apps and a superior online experience are expected by clients of all generations.
- Regulatory expertise provides oversight and management to ensure you're keeping up with new rules and requirements.
- Client events and communications help keep your clients engaged with your practice.
Moore Financial Group partnered with EP Wealth in 2014 and saw a 41% CAGR after the transition. Click to watch Jon Moore, CFP® discuss the process and outcome of the acquisition.
Pathlight Investors partnered with EP Wealth in 2019 and saw a 26% CAGR after the transition. Click to watch MJ Nodilo, CFP® discuss the transition and what it’s done for his clients and team of advisors.
HELPING FINANCIAL ADVISORS SUCCEED IN PARTNERSHIP
EP Wealth Advisors believes the Client-Advisor relationship is the cornerstone of a successful wealth manager. EP’s resources have been structured to support advisors with planning, technology, compliance, marketing, and more:
- Planning - Advisor access to operations personnel, CFP financial planners, portfolio managers, estate and tax teams, plus pairing associate advisors with advisors who have large books of business
- Technology - Client access to a personal financial website; and a full IT department serving the needs of advisors
- Compliance Department - Relief from compliance paperwork, oversight requirements, and the need to stay up to date
- Organic Growth - Growth driven through referral programs, lead generation, sales support, and a full library of presentations, content, and collateral
- Experienced Advisor Peers - Capable hands ready to assist your clients when you retire
EP WEALTH'S APPROACH TO YOUR
Our experienced team works with you to map a transition that helps retain clients, value your business, and create a plan for you.
Assess the Fit
Your dialogue with us will start a discovery period which serves to: Share firm information and determine whether the sale is a good fit from both a cultural and a business perspective.
Establish the Terms
Following a discussion, we reach an agreement based on value structure, timing, and process.
Create a Transition Plan
Our Transition Team meets with you to ensure the smoothest possible client onboarding through client communications, documentation, press releases, and web transition.
We ask questions and get to know your support team to help transition clients to our operational, reporting, financial planning, and investment platforms.
On Your Path
We help you transition your team and your clients to EP Wealth Advisors. Then we proceed with your plans, whether they include immediate retirement or continued involvement in a selective role with the firm.
Talk to the Executive Team
We are looking forward to hearing from you about your goals and your practice.
FIND A FINANCIAL ADVISOR NEAR YOU
Our breadth of coverage across the U.S. means we’re local—here to serve your needs at your convenience.